zone map info
Blueberry, O’Neal 2.5 Quart
O’ Neal yields abundant crops of the best tasting blueberries around! Its rounded, spreading bush habit makes it a great landscape plant They grow 4 to 6 feet tall with green foliage and a long harvest period. O’Neal is self-pollinating. In many cases, you may still want to plant pollinating partners to increase the size of your crops, but with self-pollinating varieties doing so is optional. Perfect for containers, or landscapes!
- USDA zones 5-9
- Mature size 48-72” W x 48-72” H
- Recommended Spacing – 48 inches
- Used in containers, and landscapes
- Full sun to partial shade
- Deciduous- foliage loss in winter and new growth in spring
- Blooms white flowers in spring
- Ships dormant winter through early spring
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
Tip: Be careful not to plant them too deeply. The root ball should be just below the surface (one-quarter to one-half inch).
- Dig holes twice as wide and twice as deep as the roots of the plant.
- Space bushes 4-6 feet apart in a row, with at least 8 feet between rows.
- Set the bush in the hole with the root ball just below the surface and its roots spread out. Pack the hole tightly with soil.