Encore Azalea Autumn Chiffon Shrub 3 Gallon
The Autumn Chiffon Encore Azalea is a reblooming beauty that fits into any landscape or garden!
The Autumn Chiffon produces bi-color blooms that tend to be bright white on the edges and whitish pink the closer you get to the center. Additionally, magenta pink freckles decorate the throat of these plentiful blossoms.
This white and pink blooming azalea produces an initial flowering in spring, followed by a summer bloom cycle, and fall bloom as well. Furthermore, the features a particularly sizable summer bloom period, somewhat atypical for reblooming azaleas. These blooms are medium-sized and traditionally measure around 2.75″ across.
The characteristic white and pink blooms sit atop petite evergreen leaves with a defined point and slight fuzziness. New growth emerges as a bright light green, before maturing to a rich dark green hue.
This variety reaches a mature size of 2.5′ H x 3′ W. Therefore, it’s perfect for mixed garden beds, borders, and containers.
- USDA zones 7-10
- Mature size 36″ W x 30″ H
- Low Maintenance
- Evergreen – Year round interest
- Partial sun; Blooms spring, summer, and fall
- Used in containers, landscapes, and as accents
- Recommended spacing 36 inches
- Botanical Name: Rhododendron ‘Robled’ PP15862
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 3g 18-20 inches
– Turn the soil well and dig a hole twice as wide as it is deep.
– Mix some organic material with some soil. Put a little bit of this mixture into the hole.
– Remove the azalea from its container and loosen the root ball lightly with your fingers.
– Set the plant into your prepared hole, making sure the top of the root ball is slightly above soil level. Make sure the root ball is moist.
– Pull the soil around the plant, water thoroughly and cover with mulch.