Midnight Magic™ has superb purple-maroon foliage and offers loads of dark pink flowers. It has a rounded compact shape. It begins blooming in July when summer color is in short supply and remains colorful into September. Additionally, the foliage color is not diminished, even in southern heat. With its beautiful dark foliage and good leaf spot and mildew resistance, Midnight Magic is an exciting replacement for purple leaf plums where plums are often defoliated by August.
1. Dig a hole one and a half times wider than the container the plant came in.
2. Remove the plant from the container.
3. Roughen the plant from the container.
4. Center the plant in the hole, keeping the plant vertical.
5. Top of root ball should be level with the surrounding soil surface. This may require adding back some soil.
6. Fill in around the roots with soil, and then firmly tamp down.
7. Water your plant thoroughly. Refill with soil if necessary, then water again.
8. Add 2-3 inches of mulch around the base of the plant, keeping away from the plant stem.