Plum Magic is a semi-dwarf form of crapemyrtle, blooming in early summer with fuchsia-pink flowers. It forms a rounded shrub, with a dense, full shape. The foliage emerges plum-purple in color and eventually matures to rich dark green, nicely setting off the bright flowers. It will bloom again in late summer if the first flush of flowers are deadheaded. It has excellent resistance to leaf spot and powdery mildew and is perfect to add a shot of summer color in a foundation planting or as an informal hedge.
1. Dig a hole one and a half times wider than the container the plant came in.
2. Remove the plant from the container.
3. Roughen the plant from the container.
4. Center the plant in the hole, keeping the plant vertical.
5. Top of root ball should be level with the surrounding soil surface. This may require adding back some soil.
6. Fill in around the roots with soil, and then firmly tamp down.
7. Water your plant thoroughly. Refill with soil if necessary, then water again.
8. Add 2-3 inches of mulch around the base of the plant, keeping away from the plant stem.