Encore Azalea Autumn Amethyst Shrub
$21.99 – $74.99
The Autumn Amethyst Encore Azalea produces tons of small purple blooms in spring summer and fall. This evergreen shrub has lush green new foliage in spring that matured to a deep dark green that bronzes to a deep purple in winter that adds interest to the winter landscape. The Autumn Amethyst has a neat and compact dwarf growth habit that is very easy to maintain with minimal pruning. This is one of the most cold hardy Encore Azaleas with the ability to thrive in USDA zone 6A. Use this azalea in your landscape or garden as a specimen, accent, low hedge or foundation. The Autumn Amethyst is also great for planting in large pots either in a mixed container or a standalone!
- USDA zones 6a – 10b
- Mature size 48″ W x 48″ H
- Low Maintenance
- Evergreen – Year round interest
- Partial sun; Blooms spring, summer, and fall
- Used in containers, landscapes, and as accents
- Recommended spacing 48 inches
- Botanical Name: Autumn Amethyst® Rhododendron ‘Conlee’
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 1g 10-12 inches, 2g 14-16 inches, 3g 18-20 inches, 5g 22-24 inches
– Turn the soil well and dig a hole twice as wide as it is deep.
– Mix some organic material with some soil. Put a little bit of this mixture into the hole.
– Remove the azalea from its container and loosen the root ball lightly with your fingers.
– Set the plant into your prepared hole, making sure the top of the root ball is slightly above soil level. Make sure the root ball is moist.
– Pull the soil around the plant, water thoroughly and cover with mulch.