Fig, Black Mission 2.5 Quart
This sweet tasting Fig tree will produce delicious, robust fruit twice a year, in the early spring and fall. Black Mission Figs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. But, by adding an additional Black Mission Fig will drastically increase the size of your crop. Little to no maintenance keep them looking and performing their best. Perfect for containers if you live in colder areas allowing you to bring them indoors in colder months!
- USDA zones 7-9
- Mature size- 15-30 feet W and 10-30 feet H
- Recommended Spacing – 180 inches
- Used in containers, and landscapes
- Full sun to partial shade
- Deciduous- foliage loss in winter and new growth in spring
- Ships dormant winter through early spring
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
- Average shipping height – 1g 8-12 inches
Tip: Be careful not to plant them too deeply. The root ball should be just below the surface (one-quarter to one-half inch).
- Dig holes twice as wide and twice as deep as the roots of the plant.
- Set the bush in the hole with the root ball just below the surface and its roots spread out. Pack the hole tightly with soil, then mulch around the plant.