Juniper, Blue Rug 1 Gallon
This intense silver-blue evergreen juniper is one of the finest trailing groundcover shrubs. Lovely when planted around boulders or in rock gardens, where its twisted branches can be trained to unique forms. A reliable plant for high desert with its rapidly fluctuating day and night temperatures. Thrives in rocky, thin mountain soils or the sandy gravel of inland deserts. Use on slopes for coverage or erosion control. Plant along retaining walls and curbs, where the creeping foliage will cover them year-round. Good along the hot, heat-reflective edges of streets and driveways. Blue Rug Juniper is deer resistant and low maintenance!
- USDA zones 3-9
- Mature size- 6-8 feet Wide and 6 inches Tall
- Recommended Spacing – 48-72 inches
- Uses- Border, Coastal Exposure, Erosion Control, Green Roof, Ground Cover, Rock Garden
- Full sun to partial shade
- Average shipping height – 1g 4-6 inches
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
– Turn the soil well and dig a hole twice as wide as it is deep.
– Mix some organic material with some soil. Put a little bit of this mixture into the hole.
– Remove the plant from its container and loosen the root ball lightly with your fingers.
– Set the plant into your prepared hole.. Make sure the root ball is moist.
– Pull the soil around the plant, water thoroughly and cover with mulch.