$48.99 – $119.99
The Windmill Palm bucks the old idea that palm trees are for warm, tropical regions only because these palms are hardy all the way to 10 degrees Fahrenheit! These low-maintenance palm trees form beautiful bunches of green “windmill” style fronds that for to stand upon the spiny trunks of the tree. Not only that but Windmill Palm Trees are deer resistant and drought tolerant. They do well in soil with good drainage. Windmill Palm Trees grow up to 20 feet tall, bringing the feeling of the tropics to any landscape! Perfect for containers and landscapes!
- USDA zones 7-11
- Mature Size- 10-20 feet H and 6-10 feet W
- Recommended Spacing – 72 inches
- Uses- Specimen Plant, Accent Plant, Landscape Plant, Porch and Patio Containers, Container Planting
- Light Needs- Partial Sun-Full Sun (4-6 hours daily)
- Average shipping height- 10″ container 25-30 inches, and 14″ container 45-55 inches
- Plants are trimmed at times when shipped to promote plant health
– Turn the soil well and dig a hole twice as wide as it is deep.
– Mix some organic material with some soil. Put a little bit of this mixture into the hole.
– Remove the palm from its container and loosen the root ball lightly with your fingers.
– Set the plant into your prepared hole. Make sure the root ball is moist.
– Pull the soil around the plant, water thoroughly.